Many property owners and landlords are unaware of the importance of having the right insurance in place when it comes to letting properties, and many don’t realise they need specialist insurance at all. However, general buildings and contents insurance is not sufficient to protect you against the third party risks that come with letting a property to tenants. At Sheppard Insurance Brokers, we can provide property insurance so you can rent your property in confidence. We can also arrange cover for Trusts and Court of Protection cases where the instructions come from trustees, often solicitors.

By having the right cover in place, you are limiting your exposure to risk and protecting your financial wellbeing so if a tenant causes malicious damage to your property or your property becomes uninhabitable causing your tenants to move out, you can be compensated.

A typical property insurance policy can include cover for:

  • Fire, lightning and explosion
  • Flooding, storm and tempest
  • Theft and malicious damage
  • Accidental damage
  • Landlords’ liability
  • Landlords’ content
  • Loss of rental income
  • Alternative accommodation costs
  • Legal expenses

We have access to a wide range of property insurance options and are able to insure most buildings within a single policy where required. We can even provide cover for landlord trusts. Get in touch and see if we can arrange a landlords’ insurance policy that meets your needs.